Regarding how to design a website, as explained in the previous article, it is important to provide accurate and clear information of who we are and what we do. Users will appreciate that we do not waste time. In addition, a clear, direct and brief message will generate confidence in users. Other factors such as the successful combination of colors or good pictures, generate sense of security in users.
Here you are some tips to make your website a enjoyable place and generate user confidence:
- KISS rule. Keep It Stupidly Simple. Don’t complicate the design with structures that disallow understand the message. A good habit is to put the elements (text, pictures …) one on top of other. This will allow also view properly the content on mobile devices.
- Responsive. This a kind of structure in which styles, templates or themes can suit different devices from which the website is displayed: computer, mobile phone or tablet.
- Choose a theme or template and follow the developer’s instructions. If we choose a CMS (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal…) for the development of our website, we will apply a design template, that we have to acquire in the CMS market, either paid or free. It is worth spending the time necessary at this stage of development of the site and to choose the template or theme that best suits our company, product / service and client. Usually developers provide complete documentation on installing and configuring the template, along with tutorials to profit all the potential of the design.
- The power of image. Choose high quality photo images and large original size, because that will allow us to use more options. A good image is capable by itself to convey powerful messages.
- Attention to details. Be curious in choosing images, menu, typefaces, colors, buttons, horizontal lines and other content separators, etc.
- Always improving. Always improving. Once the design is complete and website is published, we are going to let it work for a while and then let’s do it evolve. The usage will say us how to improve it.
In short, do a fine job, take the time to make an attractive website that invites to be visited. And don’t forget that is the showcase of your business.